Colour Inspiration Hearty Stew
Make a homey beef stew
Paprika Beef, Tomato and Mushroom Stew
Slow cooked beef in a rich tomato and paprika sauce, with mushrooms and potato.
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 4 hours
Servings: 4 servings
- Heat the olive oil in a large iron skillet pot and brown the meat.
- Remove the meat from the pot and sprinkle with flour. Set aside.
- Add the butter to the pot and saute (fry) the onion, garlic and chilli for a few minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, and saute for a few minutes.
- Add the spices and herbs, and mix it through.
- Now add your liquids. The tin of tomatoes, stock and wine.
- Next transfer the browned meat to the pot and stir it all through.
- Simmer, covered for 3 hours, checking for enough liquids as you go.
- After 3 hours of cooking time, add the chopped potatoes, cover and cook for another hour.
- Before serving, remove the bouquet garni and garnish with fresh rosemary.
- Serve with your choice of starch.