DIY Advice: Using chalked paint on home décor pieces
This look can be done on a variety of items:
Plant pots, glasses, furniture-chairs/ table/ drawers etc
Shave’s shopping list:
Chalked paint or spray
Sandpaper- fine/medium grit
Paintbrush (if painting)
What to do:
- Cover your work space with a drop sheet and remove detachable items such as handles from the item you will be painting.
- Lightly sand item to allow for adhesion of the paint, then wipe all dirt and dust with a cloth or rag.
- Shake or stir the paint thoroughly. You can start applying your first coat, ensure you paint in one direction in an even coat whether using a brush or spraying.
- Allow to dry for 10-15 minutes, if required apply second coat to get your desired colour and then allow to dry completely for 4 hours.
- If this is the desired look then take sand paper and sand slightly in areas such as corners and edges to give that desired look.
- To protect the item, apply a top coat clear sealant and allow for drying time of 4 hours.
And you are done. Your item is now done with a matt chalk finish.
Lookout for a demo video on Sunday 17 October 2016.