Eat In Colour – Tropical Avocado Popsicle
Tropical Avocado Popsicle
It’s no secret, avocados are delicious so why not try this Tropical Avocado Popsicle recipe by Jerry James Stone? This avocado popsicle isn’t as sweet as your average popsicle so if you tend to shy away from sweets… this is the dessert for you and if you want to add some green hues to your home then try these colours all available from our Colour Collection 3 : Forest Floor (OT-3), Green Apple (OT-2), Lemon Chiffon (KD-2), Stucco White (INT-5)
• 2 avocados
• 2 limes
• 1 ½ cups golden syrup
• ¾ cup coconut milk
• 20 fresh tarragon leaves
SERVINGS: 10 popsicles
TOTAL TIME: 10 hours, 10 minutes
PREP :10 minutes
INACTIVE : 10hours
1. Take the 20 tarragon leaves and add them to a cocktail mixer. Add 1 tablespoon of the syrup and mix the tarragon, releasing all of those tasty essential oils. Remember, you are not trying to beat up the herb or blend it, you just want to give it a good rub.
2. After mixing the herb, add the remaining syrup and set aside.
3. Add the fruit from the two avocados along with the two limes juiced to your food processor and puree them.
4. Mix the pureed avocado, the 3/4 cup coconut milk and the 1 1/2 cups of tarragon-infused simple syrup to a large measuring cup. You should have nearly 3 cups of liquid.
5. Divide the mixture amongst the popsicle mold. Leave a little room at the top and top them off with some sweetened coconut milk. Use just 1/8 of a cup of coconut milk and 1/8 of a cup of simple syrup for texture.
It makes them pretty right? Enjoy!